- Wake up early : No matter where you are, in which part of the world you live, whether you are with family or alone in an apartment, waking up early is the best way to begin your day. There’s something magical about the early morning silence. It fills you up with good hopes for the coming day, makes you appreciate nature and you feel good and confident already. It’s almost like the morning gives you it’s energy. Plus, you get a few extra hours.
- Meditate: Waking up early is good, but to calm your body and soul, you need meditation. Do it for 10-15 minutes after you wake up. Sit in silence and breathe in the fresh morning air. You can also take time out to meditate during the day , maybe in the afternoon when you are comparatively free to help you rejuvenate the mind and sort things out.
- Exercise: This will go a long way in keeping you healthy. As they say, a healthy mind resides in a healthy body. Exercising releases endorphins which make you happy(:D). Also, a toned physique makes you feel confident and creates a good first impression. So invest in your health and exercise for atleast 30 minutes daily.
- Prioritize: Set the tasks to be done that day. Do it before you begin your day.And make sure that there’s a tick alongside each one of them when you go to bed everyday. This will give you a sense of accomplishment and a peaceful night sleep. Also, it will help you build/maintain your self-confidence.
- Acknowledge people: May it be your family members, friends , colleagues, that man you meet on the subway everyday, the staff keeping your house and workplace clean , the waiter in your favourite restaurant, anyone you meet. It’s a busy life . We have almost forgotten the value of acknowledging others’. A kind word of appreciation and a little care can work wonders. Also, it goes a long way in strengthening your relationships.
- Sincerity : Towards your work , your studies, or any goal that you have set for yourself. It gives you a sort of silent satisfaction , when you know that you have been sincere towards your work that day. It helps you meet deadlines and fulfil personal goals. It’s soothes your mind.
- Smile and laugh out loud : As much as you can. It’s the best curve on your body. Smile at people even if you don’t know them. Everyone’s fighting their own battle. A little smiling won’t hurt anyone, will it? Also, you’ll feel really good if strangers smile back at you. Let’s make the world a better place to live (:D).
- No politics: Stay away from it. Don’t bitch about others. Don’t unnecessarily criticize people. Stop judging everyone! Nobody is perfect. Not you , not me, not that man who was standing behind you in the grocery store today, nobody ! Don’t waste your time over petty issues. Forgive easily. It’s a small life. It’ll be good if you live your own. Besides, staying away from politics gives you a clear mind , a fresh perspective and so much more time and energy for self-developement.
- Keep changing: Try out new sports, develope a new hobby, enroll for some random language class, but keep changing. Most people get left behind in life because they are too comfortable in their comfort zones to try out new things. Do not make that mistake. However old you are , going out and doing something you have never done before is sure to give you good memories to cherish. And who knows , you might learn something valuable along the way!
- Stay connected: We are becoming so busy in our lives that we are forgetting the ones who helped us along the way. It’s very, very important to keep connected with your near and dear ones. I’m not asking you to forcibly stay connected with those who bring negativity in your life. No. Don’t bother about them, rather stay away from them . But family, friends, mentors who have always been tere for you also sometimes need support . Don’t forget that!
Have a happy life! 😀